What is Excel?
Microsoft Excel is a helpful and powerful program for data analysis and documentation. It is a spreadsheet program, which contains a number of columns and rows, where each intersection of a column and a row is a cell. Each cell contains one point of data or one piece of information. By organizing the information in this way, you can make information easier to find, and automatically draw information from changing data.
Why Excel is Important?
Among the computer programs which exist, Microsoft Excel is one of the most important because of the key role it plays in many sectors. It is the most used spreadsheet program in many business activities, classwork, and even personal data organization. Excel was first released in the year 1985. Since then, it has played a vital role in performing formula based arithmetic and calculations, and other activities that may require mathematical calculations. Many businesses, personal and institutional enterprises have embraced the use of Excel because of its utility and the ability to serve as a visual basic for different applications. The importance of MS Excel can be seen in the different departmental units it is use as follows.
Finally, the knowledge of Microsoft Excel is vital in most modern organizations for the purpose of proficiency. Many organizations want to keep systematic and up to date records of their products, programs, and activities. Therefore individuals who are proficient in creating or coming up with Excel macros are considered as assets to a given organization.
How Excel Help us?
There are numerous ways in which excel helps us in day-to-day life. Some examples are given below
- When it comes to managing finances and keeping track of company expenses, Excel is in its element. Accountants can enter important data much in the same way they would by hand. When it comes to visualizing and managing datasets, financial experts can turn their attention to the software’s handy graph and charts feature. While there are plenty of templates that come with Excel, you also have the ability to customize your own, which can be used to enhance your day-to-day data analysis as well as company presentations.
- When it comes to upping your computer skills, MS Excel might not be the first thing you think of, but even after all these years, it still pays to know your way around a spreadsheet. While having basic computer skills is key to scoring a better job, knowing how to get the most out of Excel can make you an essential part of the workforce. In addition, there are plenty of great resources that companies can use when on the lookout for an Excel expert if you don?t already have one on your team.
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software has become an integral part of most business organizations across the world. MS Excel is used for various purposes by business establishments. Some organizations use this spreadsheet software for generating memos, track sales trends, and other business data. Microsoft Excel spreadsheets software comes with million rows of data and automates number crunching, but this popular spreadsheet software is capable of doing more than just figures. MS Excel has a simple interface, that allows users to easily understand this software and also perform basic activities.
- MS Excel offers a grid interface that allows the user to organize any type of information they require. One of the major advantages of MS Excel spreadsheet software is its flexibility feature. This feature allows the user to define the structure of information they need to manage with ease, and this spreadsheet software is very easy to use and even a novice user can use this software. For specialized tasks, the user needs to undergo training and gain hands-on experience to use it in a better manner. Even after three decades, MS Excel is still the most preferred and used spreadsheet software around the world.
- Assigning the work tasks to the team members is one of the most important jobs of the managers. This task must be performed by managers effectively so that the given project deadlines are met and the project is delivered successfully to the client. For this, managers take advantage of the Scheduling feature available in the MS Excel spreadsheet software. These schedules can be color-coded and are designed in such a manner that they get automatically updated if there is a change in the schedule of tasks and activities.
- Small and mid-sized organizations make use of MS Excel spreadsheet software for carrying out their accounting activities. They can create a basic accounting program or checkbook ledger that allows them to keep a track of the organization’s financial transactions. For making it more effective accountants can enter their deposits and expenditures onto each row, very much similar to what they do in the traditional ledger books. By entering data in this manner accountants also have the flexibility to create charts and graphs over time to compare business income and expenditures.
- Excel allows small business users to keep a complete track of their product sales. By doing these, small business owners can effectively design plans that will enhance their sales in the market. By maintaining a complete track of the product, business owners get a clear idea about the progress business has made over the specified time period and also helps them to identify the high and low sales trends. According to Microsoft officials, “By using regression analysis, you can extend a trendline in a chart beyond the actual data to predict future values.”
- MS Excel software also allows you to track the Return On Investment accurately. The ROI gives the business owner a clear indication of how much investments have been made into the business and how much is the profit earned by the business. If the business owner is keeping a complete track of the sales, then they will also get an idea about how long it takes for them to reach break-even or additional profit levels.
- Small business establishments and organizations use MS Excel spreadsheets for storing the contact information of their clients and customers. This information acts as a customer database for them and can make use of this information to contact their customers. The advantage of storing this information in an MS Excel sheet is that even though the sheet is update or new fields have been add to the sheet it does not affect or change the content present in other cells of the spreadsheet
- Microsoft Excel is commonly use for financially-related activities. The reason for its popularity is that the user can define custom formulas for calculating quarterly, half-yearly, and annual reports. This spreadsheet software also helps the individuals and professionals to effectively keep a track of sales leads, project status reports, and invoice reports. Microsoft Excel is also very popular among professionals from a science background as it allows them to easily work with statistical formulas and graphing. This article offers a brief introduction to Microsoft Excel and its key features.
What BPA Educators offers you in Excel?
BPA Educators offers a Basic and advanced MS Excel Course Training Program, which helps you to keep the data of number and analyze them properly, according to the requirements and needs. Learn how to prepare MIS reports in a better way by applying advanced functions of MS Excel. You will be taught the usage of excel in professional terms, such as analyzing, data, statistical data, reporting, data management, inventory, and much more. There’s a huge demand for advance excel executives in the market. Practical Training on the latest version is being provided, This will help you get good technical knowledge in excel and advance excel and you will do well in Interviews and get good job offers
You will also receive
Goal Setting and Time Management
A Certificate of Professional Training after the completion of the course
OJT(On the Job Training)
Installation of software, Usage of external devices
Installing printer, How to add and remove programs
Flash Fill, Fill, Custom Fill
Paste Special, Remove Duplicates
Cell Referencing, Name Manager
Working with functions
Math and Trigonometry functions
Pivot Table, Pivot Chart
Conditional Formatting, Data Validation
Budget, Goal Seek, Solver
Filter, Sort, Grouping
Macro using button, Macro using the shortcut key
Printing Options, Page Layout
Learning excel in today’s world is very important.