Resume and its components
When we go for a job interview one thing that reaches even before you reach the employer is a resume. This is one thing that decided even whether you will be called for the interview or not.
There are so many questions that come to our mind as far as a resume is concerned. The questions like-
- What is the format of the resume?
- Do we need a cover letter with the resume?
- How can we make a resume which stands out in so many resumes?
- Can we make sure that we get a call for the interview?
- Is a resume the same as a CV?
In this blog I have answered all the above question.
What is a resume?
A resume basically means “summary”. It is a formal document that showcases a person’s career, background, and skills. It helps a candidate to showcase his/her talent to the employer even before he reaches the job interview. It also helps employers to shortlist candidates by looking at the resumes of the candidate.
Do we need a cover letter with the it?
The cover letter shows the skills, Accomplishments of the candidate in a detailed manner and if the resume is accompanied by a cover letter, the impression would be much better on the employer and it will help the candidate to explain about him/her in a better way.
Check the cover letter format.
What format you should use?
But, The one which is made by you is best.
Few tips which can be taken care are as follows:
- The paper used for printing should be white A4 size.
- Margin should be 0.5 on each side3.
- Contact info should be on the top.
- Use bullets and not paragraphs.
- It should be properly spaced for presentability.
- Font should be legible like Arial, times new roman, and content should be 11 or 12 pts.
- The line spacing can be single or 1.15 line spacing.
- It should be properly structured by dividing it into blocks.
- Make sure to check the it for spelling and grammar errors before taking a printout or uploading it.
- The most important is it should be customized as per the interviews.
What makes a resume stand out?
The best which is preferred than others are:
- Easy to read and understood well.
- Fit 2-3 pages on 1 and have quality.
- ATS-compatibly optimized.
- Formatted to highlight essential information about the candidate.
- Attractive with or without a photo.
- With a cover letter.
What are the components of a resume?
The components can vary from one to another but for details about the format and component of resume check the blog.
Is a resume the same as a CV?
CV is targeted and explains in detail about the experience, it can be of more than 1 page.
A resume is mostly a one-page document comprising of summary of educational background, skills, personal details, and experience.
Though in most countries these terms are interchangeably used.
Rather than the format content makes the difference.
So, now you know everything about a resume and how to make it. Start making and in case you have any questions, comment to get the answers.
Do check the sample formats by clicking on the link.
Also read Why CMA is a good career option?
If you need consulting for your communication skills, Interview skills, career growth, Time management, Goals management, and many more things check my website – www.anjujindal.com.