What career options after 12th for commerce students?
How do you decide what career is best for you?
Not, a lot of people pay attention to their personality and interest while choosing career and then they end up having a job or a career which they hate.
Hence it is extremely important to pick a career which suits the best to your personality and which helps you to motivate yourself to do better, which is your passion and love.
There are some questions you need to ask yourself before choosing the career option as they will let you have a deeper understanding of what exactly is the career option in which you can excel.
Ask questions like
Do you like to talk to a lot of people or do you prefer to be alone?
Do you like sitting in front of the computer all day or do you like to be in the outdoors?
What is the thing that interests you the most?
What is the thing you love doing?
And many more questions
Write the answers and depending on your answers you need to do following steps so that best possible option is chosen
- Make a list of what you are good at and what are your skills, if skills are lacking what skills you can acquire.
- Once this list is complete, Make a list of the occupations which can be explored based on your skills. You can take professional help from people like career counsellors.
- The list needs to be explored in a detailed manner to match skills, occupation based on your skills and demand in the market.
- Omit out less favourable options and make the list shorter by keeping 2 or max 3 options.
- Start with having informational interviews to collect the in depth knowledge so that you are sure of your decision.
- Now, rate the career option in your list and chose the list which is on the first position.
- While doing so, also make sure to have a list of your goals so that your goals are also aligned with the career path.
- The last and the finals step is make the career action plan and start following the action plan.
- During the whole process of previous 8 steps you need to be 100 % committed and focused.
While deciding on the career option try to take care of the following things
Try not to copy others
When I was a kid, I wanted to be an IAS officer as I knew someone who was respected in society for being an IAS officer and also had lot of power and everybody desires for the same. But, being an IAS officer is a tough job, all of us can’t sit for hours and study. Some may want innovative things. So, No one should copy anybody just for the sake of what he is right know but we can admire people and also need to understand what all it takes to reach at that position.
Money is never an issue
I have a friend who works as a developer, also makes a decent amount of money with his job but hates working at desk. I am sure you will see a lot of people doing same thing which they don’t absolutely like just for the sake of money.
However, understand that life is not all about money. If you like your job and if you make money then it is of no harm but if you are doing something which you hate and you are doing it just for the money then it can be terrible.
There is money in every domain and every career we all can think of. There are also plenty of careers which are enjoyable and pay a lot but, it depends on the capabilities.
If you are decent at coding, but your passion is numbers you are more likely to be the best in numbers and make more money as an accountant than being a mediocre developer. So, choose career over money and money will be attracted towards you.
Don’t think what other people think
Many people don’t do what they like to do just because they are too afraid to face the criticism that comes from other people. They literally compromise on their dreams and goals just because they are afraid and keep thinking what others might think if they choose an unconventional career path. Just stop thinking about others as it is your career and your life so choose wisely as per your choices but, yes the choice need to be wise and “The truth however is people will criticise you no matter what”.
When you do have all these things in your mind you will surely have better choice and you will be successful in choosing right career option.
In today’s time, career options are no longer limited. You no longer are forced to choose from traditional vocations that were pursued by your parents before you.
In recent years, commerce has become one stream that has become popular among students
Let’s just see it with an example.
People who love numbers, have a logical and an analytical bent of mind they may choose, a career in commerce as their right choice.
Earlier, choosing the commerce stream would get you a few hand-picked commerce careers, like one in banking. That is no longer the case as the sector grows at an unbelievably fast pace.
If you are looking for commerce options than BPA Educators is a just right place for you. BPA Educators is a dream destination for all commerce students and it can help them in achieving their goals
Career options for commerce students include
- Chartered Accountants
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Company Secretary
- Loans executive
- MIS Executive
- Certified Financial Planner
- Senior Manager
There are multiple career options for commerce students and we at BPA educators provide all.