IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) is one of the renowned English language proficiency exam. British Council, IDP (International Development Program), IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English manages the IELTS exam. Many students find it difficult to get a good score. But it’s not that difficult, one can easily practice IELTS tips and tricks and can easily crack the exam.
There is no minimum score for this exam. The score report is given in terms of bands from Band 0 (Non-user who has no idea about the English) to Band 9 (Expert). IELTS exam evaluates your Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking skills. You can book a slot for the exam on the official site here. There are two types of exams depending on their reason to go to an English speaking country:
The Listening test takes about 40 minutes – 30 minutes to listen to a tape and to answer questions on what you hear, and 10 minutes to transfer your answers to the Answer Sheet.
The Reading test takes 1 hour and your task is to read passages of text and answer questions according to what you have read. There are also other types of assignments that I will cover later on in other posts on this website.
The Writing test also takes 1 hour and is divided into 2 sub-parts: you are given 20 minutes to write a letter/report and 40 minutes to write an essay.
The Speaking test takes up to 15 minutes and consists of 3 parts: a Personal Interview, a Cue Card talk, and a Discussion.
- The question paper comprises of many sections, but somehow many people focus on the subjective questions and avoid attempting multiple choice questions which are the one biggest mistake. MCQ questions are the best to score decent in the exam
- Always remember that time management and speed are the prerequisites and plays an important role. Hence, you need to be quick as possible without leaving any question unread and unanswered.
- Make sure to have a well-written skill so that you justify what you actually want to. Poor writing skill will not take you anywhere
- Be focused on your natural accent rather than faking it. If you’re faking it then you are good to face confusion, problem, and tension. Stay natural.
- Be concentrated on your final exams and stay positive. No matter what the result would be. Thinking and thinking and thinking will lead to huge problems.